Keyword research is the most important part of SEO. It helps in increasing your website’s organic traffic.
Every blogger wants to increase organic traffic on his/her blog, but most of them do not know how? If they are new bloggers.
When I also started my blogging career, I did not know about keyword research and I used to write blog posts without doing keyword research. As a result, my blog did not get much traffic.
Today in this article, I will tell you how to do keyword research so that your blog can rank well in the Google search engine. Let’s get started.
What is Keyword Research?
This is a process in which we have to find out which keywords people are searching for more? What is the search volume of that keyword? What is the competition for that keyword?
Keyword research increases your chances of ranking on that keyword. If you do keyword research before writing a post, then you can get a good position in SERPs, and your blog will be able to get a lot of traffic from the search engines.
Types of Keywords.
- Head keywords – These are single words like WordPress, Affiliate, SEO, etc. These types of keywords have a lot of searches. Competition is also very high on them and they do not give better results either.
- Body Keywords – These are made up of two words WordPress tutorial, SEO checklist, Affiliate marketing, etc. Their monthly searches are also high and the competition is medium.
- Long Tail Keywords – This type of keyword includes 2 or more 3 words like How to learn affiliate marketing. They are highly targeted and help in getting targeted traffic to your site. Their search volume is very less and the competition on them is also not high.
If your blog is brand new, then I would recommend you to use long-tail keywords. These keywords help your blog rank quickly on Google.
Apart from this, if you also want to rank on short-tail keywords, then long-tail keywords can help you in this. Because they also include short-tail keywords.
If you use short-tail keywords for your blog or website, you will not get a better result. Such keywords are not targeted and do not give better search results either.
Why Do We Need to Do Keyword Research?
If you want to bring more traffic to your blog and you want to achieve quick success in blogging, then Keyword Research is your first step.
This is more important because there is a lot of competition on keywords in almost every online business.
Therefore, if you do not do keyword research before writing your content, then Google will not rank your content and your content will not be visible on the first page of Google.
Now let’s discuss the main part of this article,
How to Do Keyword Research?
When you have a lot of keywords, you now need to choose the best keywords for your content, but how to know which keywords will perform better for your content.
However, there is no such tool in the market that will tell you this is the best keyword in your keywords.
When choosing a keyword, you have to take care of many things, which I am going to tell you below.
- Search Volume – This is very important. The more people search for a keyword, the more traffic you can get.
- Long Tail Keywords – If your site is brand new or you want to target keywords on which competition is very less, then Long Tail Keywords can be very beneficial for you.
- Competition – Always select low-competition keywords for your content. This increases the chances of your content appearing on the first page of Google.
- Related Keywords – Use related/similar keywords to optimize your content better. It helps Google better understand what your content is about.
What are the Benefits/Advantages of Keyword Research
Keyword research has many benefits. This is very important to increase blog traffic and get a good rank in search engines.
What are the Best Tools for Keyword Research?
Premium Keyword Research Tools:
- Ahrefs – Ahrefs is a premium keyword research tool that helps you find good keywords for your website and keeps an eye on the competitor very easily and fast.
- SEMrush – It helps you to do keyword research as well as keep an eye on your competitors. Although it also has a free version, it is very limited.
Free Keyword Research Tools:
- Google Related Keywords – If you are looking for a free long tail keyword tool, this trick can also prove to be helpful for you.
When you search anything in Google, after the search result, you see some keywords below which are long-tail keywords. You can use them as long-tail keywords in your article.
- Google Keyword Planner – it is the best and free keyword research tool which is developed by Google. With the help of this, you can do any type of keyword research whether it is a long-tail keyword or anything.
Using this Google keyword planner tool, you can find out keyword competition, monthly searches, CPC, and many more.
- Google Auto-Suggest – Enter your main keyword in Google search. It will start showing you the search keywords related to the keywords. As you can see in the screenshot below.
- Ubersuggest – This is a very good and popular keyword research tool developed by Neil Patel. With the help of this tool, you can easily do good keyword research for your blog post and it is also easy to use.
Apart from this, you can also use its Google Chrome extension which shows keyword ideas and their keyword difficulty for any search in Google.
- Answer the Public– It suggests keyword research provided by Google and Bing and provides a unique proposition.
Using this tool, you can easily find long-tail keywords. It also shows related keywords for the keywords you search for.
I’m sure this article helped you and may have learned something new, so if you liked it then do share it.